It was a busy week for me--with something happening every morning--so that by afternoon all I could do was sit and rest my 'head' with some hand sewing--
So by last night I had gotten these projects worked on--
Got-- what I had gotten cut out for the jewel hearts all sewn together--
There is 20 here--so I still need some more--will have to go though more of the stash to find some more yellows!!
On the ABC quilt I got the row of numbers all appliqued and embroidered--
So now all the letters, A-Z are done and the numbers are done--now to work on the other items on this quilt--the bottom of the quilt is a house with fence and trees--so that will be next --I believe!!!
And now --for this bundle of fabric--
I was kinda waiting to see what 'others' might come up with --for this line--I know Tilda has some patterns--and I love them--but was looking for something else--
So I finally decided to do my own thing-- and out came paper, pencil and scissors and I started designing and cutting out patterns--for basket type designs --I had seen a couple basket designs in the past and you know me--I love my baskets--sooo
These are not finished--these are just the main basket blocks---I have 6 more designs made so need to get the fabrics cut out for them and work on appliqueing them to the background blocks--I think I want 16 or 20 baskets--????
And I do knit each night for a bit--did come up with enough yarn for one baby sweater while I wait on my yarn order to come in--
On other notes--
I am still having a bit of 'fun' with vertigo--but I have decided if it wants to visit with me--it will just have to go along with me with whatever I have to do or go!!!!! so I have made 'friends' so to say--with it and try to keep on going--but I am more tired by early afternoons than usual!!!
Weather--most of this week here mid East Coast of Florida--this past week was dark and dreary--acted like it wanted to rain--but not really happened--once or twice a nice shower!!!
Now the weather man says--starting Wednesday--Friday or so we will be getting a heavier case of the Saharan dust storm--think that is what started this vertigo--so --who knows how much I will get done--so far I only have plans for Monday morning--!!!
While out yesterday at the Publix strip shopping area--I seen these cute little orange flowering plants--
They were a brighter orange than it show here!!!
A couple of you follow a gal who always asks you a question each week--think this weeks or was it last week's question on whether you liked ice cream in a cone or a dish--
Growing up my Dad was an electrician and he wired a new Tasty Freeze building in the little town next to ours--so every Saturday night we would all load into the car and off we would go to Joel's tasty freeze for a small ice cream cone--and I remember one Saturday something broke on the car a mile down the road and Dad had to turn us around and go back home--and yes--all 4 of kids cried!!! But now I enjoy my ice cream in a cup/bowl--it melts too fast in Florida for a cone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WELL--FELLOW STITCHERS--IS EVERYONE HAVING FUN WITH SOME NEW AND BEAUTIFUL STITCHING PROJECTS--LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ARE WORKING ON AND THE COLORS/LINES YOU ARE USING!!!!!
hugs and blessings--di


4 comments:
That's a beautiful bundle of blue and white Tilda fabrics! I love the basket blocks you're making out of them. Great Tastee Freeze story, too. In my family there would have been tears over the missed ice cream opportunity, too!
Your blue and white baskets are very pretty. Sorry the vertigo hasn't gotten any better. Maybe the next storm will clear it out if that's what brought it? Happy stitching this week.
Your baskets are just so lovely, Di;))) So great that you drew them all...
Very inspiring work hugs, Julierose
Look at those darling baskets! I love them ,Di. Gorgeous fabric bundle . I have always had an affection for blues and whites. I hope you feel better soon. Do you know what is causing your vertigo? It is an unsettling feeling isn't it. I wish you a lovely week, dear. Warm hugs and blessings
Post a Comment