at the end of another month in 2026--this makes # 8 month that has flown the 'coop"!!!!
I am just having a hard time believing we are at the end of 8 months with just 4 months coming up --with all the holidays in those 4 months--!!!!
Did keep busy on stitching projects this past week--
working on those blue Tilda basket blocks--
this now makes a total of 20 blocks--how do you like the wagon wheels on that one block??And I have started filling some of the baskets--
Three blocks are filled and 2 more have the designs cut and are ready to applique--
Then also in applique--I prepared the next section of the ABC quilt--
the strip at the top is the start to one side of the picket fence on the bottom of the pattern--do have the bottom rail appliqued in on the second half and all the picket pieces are cut out--am trying to decide what color house I want to make ???/
And I am happy to report--that I kept working on this winter wreath this past week and it is done--
now I did not stitch in a couple things that was on the pattern--as I felt for me it was 'too' busy--now Primrose finished this off and put it in a cute black fluted edge tin--and they still have them in stock--I want one--only--only--while on that site several new patterns jumped into my cart--and they can not all come to my house--I already have way more projects than I can do as it is--so?????
Some mail showed up--
a jelly roll in some really nice oranges--I know this month is purple color--but remember I did the purple month back in May--so I will now do the orange month for September--but did not have very many oranges--and lo and behold--Missouri quilts had this jelly roll on sale for about 50% off last week and it's perfect for my jewel pieces--and I can do some other fall projects with this one--there is some nice darker strips and some lighter ones--
this package also showed up--
a new pattern--why Di--you have enough patterns--but--I don't--I don't have a nice cute mouse pulling a sled with letters in it--do I?????
the black fabric is for yet another cross stitch project for October--
And yes Mrs Claus, I will be working on you too--again this week--I promise!!!
Now I did have a question from a blog friend on the size boxes I get at Dollar tree for my projects--
this is the one I use for my Cross stitching projects--
these are clear color and are about 7"square and 1 1/4" tall/depth--they are perfect for my small projects or the threads for a larger project--
the second one-- I buy lots of are--
they are plastic and come in 4-5 colors--and measure 8"x10" and are 2" depth--my blocks I do have to bend the top part of the block over to fit in these--but these are just the right size to keep on the little shelf stand beside my chair and the stack up nicely--so one has hexie project in it--embroidery in another one--applique in another one--and I can just pull out which project I want to work on each time--I also have a couple with thread in them--like 2 are filled with my Valdani threads --
I can usually only find them with the school supplies at this time of the year!! They are just $1.50 each (--now of course--!!!!!)
WELL--ON TO SEPTEMBER--OH--AND WHAT ARE YOU BUYING TO EAT AT THE GROCERY STORE---CAN YOU FIND ANYTHING THAT HAS NOT BEEN ON A FOOD RECALL??????? IT IS MOST CRAZY OUT THERE RIGHT NOW--I DARE SAY!!!
WHAT ARE YOUR STITCHING PLANS FOR SEPTEMBER--ANYTHING NEW OR DIFFERENT??
HAVE A FANASTIC WEEK--HUGS, DI

4 comments:
love the quot....on a nature show recently david attenborough said the songs of whales when speeded up mimic birdsong...i thought that was pretty fascinating...
The cabin wreath turned out really pretty. You've got some fun goodies to play with this month. Easy project storage is such a nice thing to have, make it easy to keep things neat and all together. Happy stitching this week.
Thanks for the info about the project boxes you found at Dollar Tree - I'll have to go look for those. Your blue basket blocks are really pretty, and a whole jelly roll of orange, too - so fun! Enjoy your stitching!
Di your baskets are looking amazing. I am in love with the chicken basket! Your Primrose Cottage stitch is adorable. You have been super busy. I love the little boxes at the Dollar Tree for storage. I was looking for some today. It is a hit or miss at our DT. I wish you the most lovely week. Hugs.
Post a Comment